Image Map

Sunday, January 10, 2016

US Beauty Haul | Sephora & more


If you follow me on Instagram or Snapchat (and if you don't you know what to do... ) you may know that at the end of last year just before Christmas I went to Hawaii for a few days. For us Aussies, visiting pretty much any other country (let's be honest, hellooo Duty Free), but especially the US means serious business for our beauty lovin' selves - and of course our poor wallets.

Fortunately in late 2014 and 2015 we were FINALLY blessed with Sephora and a whole bunch of other brands (I'm looking at you Urban Decay) that previously weren't available in Australia so there isn't so much we are missing out on anymore. However the price difference still makes my bank account cry. So a trip to the US still equates to a massive beauty haul.

Though I personally think my haul is quite tame this time round seeing as I went to mainland USA in the beginning of 2015 and our exchange rate is just a tad devastating at the moment. So if you're planing a trip to the US or just want to take a bit of a snoop to what I bought, read on ladies and gents, read on! Most of my purchases are from Sephora with a few drug store and MAC purchases as well.



SKINCARE

If you know me personally (or if you are a long time reader of my blog) you may know that I have a bit of a love affair with skincare. Ever since having acne prone skin in high school, I am always on the hunt for the latest and greatest in skincare. So I usually try to find brands or products that we don't have in Australia.

So it comes at no surprise really that the no.1 item I wanted from Sephora was the Sephora Favourites Skin Wonderland set. As far as I know we don't have these type of sets in Australia and I think they are such a great way to try out a bunch of products from a variety of brands, especially the pricier ones. This set retails for $68US and the products I am most excited to try are the Sunday Riley Good Genes, Kate Somervile Exfolikate, Fresh Soy Face Cleanser and the NUDE Rescue Oil.  A particular skincare brand that I really want to try is Boscia. I sampled a few of their face masks on my last trip and I really enjoyed them, so this time I picked up their Boscia Japanese Favourites Set which includes their Detoxifying Black Cleanser, Tsubaki Beauty Oil, Luminizing Black Mask and Exfoliating Peel Gel. I also picked a few of their Black Charcoal Blotting Linens and a full size Boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel.


Continuing with the skincare trend I also purchased some good old favourites - the First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads (which seem to be permanently out of stock on Adore Beauty...) and the Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm (which also seems to be out of stock when I visit Sephora...). Some newbies that I am extremely excited try are the Peter Thomas Roth Masks - these are kinda like deluxe sample sizes exclusive to Sephora (again trying before I commit to the full size but I have heard such great things about them!), Clinique Oil-Control Cleansing Mask and the Ole Henriksen Grease Relief Face Tonic - any guesses to what skin type I have guys!??


MAKE-UP

Looking at what I bought now I realise I bought quite a number of highlighters (hehe no regrets though) including the BECCA x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop which I have already been using and loving, and also mentioned it my Beauty Favourites of 2015 post. I also purchased the Anastasia Beverly Hills Illuminator in Stardust which is absolutely gorgeous might I add, the Laura Mercier Face Illuminator in Indiscretion and the Milani Illumniating Face Powder in Amber Nectar - girl can never get enough glow right!

Other face products I bought include a back up of my fave foundation the Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation, Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Translucent, Benefit Hoola Bronzing Powder, Cover FX Mattifying Primer and Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless liquid foundation and powder. All of these products are available in Australia but are marginally cheaper in the US including exchange rate and taxes, so they are no brainer purchases really! Plus, I have been meaning to try out a few of them and needed a replacement for the ones I have ran out of. I also received a sample of the Make Up Forever Microfinish Powder.


Yes, even more make up! Again I repurchased a few faves including the ABH Brow Wiz and Stila Stay All Day Liquid eye liner - also featured in my Beauty Faves of 2015. I honestly love these two products and consider them forever repurchases, however I have recently decided to try the Kat Von D eyeliner after many recommendations so let's so how that one goes. I picked up some more Maybelline goodies, a few of these I have yet to see in Australia and apparently the Smokes eyeshadow palette was exclusive to Walgreens so I just had to have it! Of course no haul would be complete without a lil bit of MAC. I got some lippies in the shades Honey Love and High Tea (more nudes for me - what's new really) and another Patisserie as I am about to run out of mine. I also got the Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in Pure Hollywood, Dior Addict Lip Maximizer and a cute lil pot of Vaseline Lip Therapy in Cocoa Butter which I have never seen before so hopefully it is gooood!


AND LASTLY I bought the Marc Jacobs Mod Noir perfume. I had been meaning to buy this baby for awhile but always hesitated, but since my trusty Chanel Chance is about to finish I thought I better give this a go. Apparently I also spent enough (read: too much) and qualified for VIB Rouge status so I also received a few sample boxes including the Clinique and Lancome boxes. Being the skincare obsessive I am I quite excited to try the Clinique samples!

Phew! There we have my US Beauty Haul! I will most likely be trying these all out and reviewing them all in due course but let me know if there is a particular product you are most keen to hear me blab about!

What's on your beauty wishlist? Have you tried any of these products? Hopefully I have inspired you to get your spend on!

Chantalle x


26 comments:

  1. Yaaaaaas gurl. I'm going to the US at the end of the month (crazy soon!) and I still haven't formulated my proper wishlist yet OOPS, need to get onto that because y'all know it's gonna be a PROCESS. I'm so keen for the Favourites sets though, such a good way to try a bunch of stuff! Your purchases are amazing though, I expect I will go highlighter crazy too haha :P

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg that is so soon, I am so excited for you!! You better get on it girl, you are going to be so overwhelmed let me tell you!!! Yep I love the favourites sets, so sad we don't have them here!! x

      Delete
  2. Amazing haul! Glad you managed to pick up so many goodies. I really wish we had Sephora in the UK *cry*!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't believe Australia got Sephora before you guys! I feel your pain though! Thanks for reading! xx

      Delete
  3. Awesome haul!! That Milani blush looks so pretty. And I also got the same boscia kit and I really like the cleanser and the exfoliator, though they're all really good.

    Samantha Series | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's good to hear I'm so excited to test them out! xx

      Delete
  4. Wow! what a seriously great haul Hun, you picked up so many great products and I cannot wait to hear what you think of them. I am really eager to know how you like the Boscia skincare, please do a review :)

    Nicole xx | www.nicolesbeautybabble.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, I can't wait to test them all out! I definitely will! xx

      Delete
  5. oh my goodness *drool drool drool* I want to throw my self into your haul and do snow angels!! <3

    lilynotlouise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I'll join you ;) thanks for reading gal xx

      Delete
  6. I don't even know where to begin! I love everything hereeeeeee!

    This Damsel Loves Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, this haul is everything! Even the Sephora bag is so beautiful! I feel like so many Australian bloggers are doing Sephora US hauls and I'm so supremely jealous, haha. I probably won't be able to afford to go overseas for another couple of years, but I kind of don't mind at the moment since our dollar is so poor. I had a friend who went to the US last year and I asked her to pick me up some MAC things, but there was quite a bit that ended up being cheaper (only slightly though) buying here. Having said that, even if I were in the US, I'd still be happy to blow through all my money on Sephora, haha.

    The mini sets that Sephora do are such great value for money and an awesome way to try out heaps of products/brands for a fraction of the cost. I'm bummed that Sephora Australia do nothing like that and that even MECCA don't do awesome VIB/VIB Rouge-type sales. I really don't need anymore highlighters in my life, but I keep seeing those Anastasia and Laura Mercier ones everywhere and they're just stunning! I'm definitely going to need to check those out when I'm in Sephora next. I've got my eyes on the Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Powder in Candlelight next on my wishlist though!

    http://likeneonlove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! Ugh you so need to go, like haul posts just don't do it it justice! But you're right the exchange rate is so sucky at the moment. Just save up until it gets better which may take a while at this rate!! The VIB system in the US is amazing, especially as the points don't expire AND their sample boxes are actually really genuine sample sizes so it kinds makes all that spending justified - kinda... Yes girl, definitely check out the ABH highlighters they are so dang pretty I'm too scared to use it!! xx

      Delete
  8. Oooh you picked up so many amazing things, the Laura Mercier Translucent Powder is definitely on my wishlist thanks to Jaclyn Hill!
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! She also made me fall in love with it. I just started using it this week and so far so good! zz

      Delete
  9. Wowza this is quite the drool worthy haul! I absolutely swear by the Boscia black cleanser and black mask, I hope these work as well for you as they do for me! And holy highlight, you added a whole lot of shiny products to dazzle your face with haha. Can't wait to see all of these products in action and your thoughts!

    Cindy | www.cindyhyue.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just started using the cleanser and mask and I gotta say, they are pretty darn amazing! My go to look these days is 'disco ball' - haha I kid! But yes definitely look out for some reviews! Thanks for reading love x

      Delete
  10. Amazing little haul. I love Sephora. Ur blog is so bright I really like it. Thank you for sharing this with us darling. Visit me www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk whenever you can. Kisses, Dominica S. xXx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful blog with cute beauty tips.
    Happy I found it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You make me want moreeee!!! You got yourself a pretty awesome haul, and that Sephora Favourites Skin Favourites set.... wow! XD
    ~Weng wengiful

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm trying to save but I've felt like doing a beauty splurge for a while now so this was exactly what I needed to read, I'm just going to vicariously live through all of your purchases! haha

    I love Sephora as much as the next person but it's actually the stuff you got from Walgreens that excites me the most, probably because we either can't get it in Australia or it's about 10x more expensive here!

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha oh I am trying to save now too so not much spending going on currently! I know! The drug store products are always the best because they are so marked up here! Totally not fair! x

      Delete